Articles for Parents
- Mental health and young people: tackling stigma together
1 in 10 children will experience a mental health problem. Here's how to help them
- Consent: when has someone agreed to sex?
Consent and teens: how to help your child understand that no means no
- Sexting: what parents need to know
What parents need to know about sexting
- LGBTQ+ glossary for parents
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp – as do a lot of parents. Here's what parents need to know about it
- What is - and isn't - legal online?
The digital world is so new that half the time we don't know what the rules are. In fact, there are…
- The GCSE grading system explained
A parent's guide to GCSE grades.
- 9 ways the internet can be good for your children
We hear a lot about the negative effects on children of using the internet but it can also be a posi…
- Understanding binge eating disorder
Binge eating disorder: a parent's guide
- What are parental controls and how can they help children stay safe online?
Filters and parental controls won't keep your children safe online, but they are a useful first line…
- When your child comes out as transgender: a Q&A with Sue Chitayi
Sue Chitayi, mother of a transgender son and parent volunteer at Gendered Intelligence, answers some…
- What is the dark web? A parent’s guide
A parent’s guide to the dark web: why your child may be using it and what you need to know
- When to talk to your child about puberty (or will school take care of it)?
Sex and relationships education (SRE): a parent's guide for primary school age children
- When your child wants to use social media: a parent's guide
Most popular social media services don’t allow anyone under 13 to join. Even so, lots of younger chi…
- Preparing your child for secondary school
It's the end of the summer term, with mixed emotions for some children who are moving on. But there…
- What to do if your child is self-harming
Self-harm: expert advice on how to help you and your child through this difficult and emotional time…
- What is Minecraft?
Minecraft: what parents need to know
- Young people and suicide: if your child tries to take their life
Ged Flynn of Papyrus, the national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide, outlines wh…
- Safer Internet Day 2019: How to help your child be kind to others online
Here are some things you can do to teach your child to be kind and respectful online and to expect t…
- PEGI games ratings explained
PEGI unpicked: UK video games ratings explained in full